Conditions of participation
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION - Conditions of participation for current Facebook and Instagram RELAX INSOLES competition
By entering the competition, all participants without exception accept the conditions of participation and the applicability of German law.
Participation in the competition requires that the participating person has an Instagram/Facebook account. Each person may only enter the competition with one Instagram/Facebook account and is only entitled to win once.
Eligible to participate are all persons of unlimited legal capacity, who at the time of participation have reached the age of 18 and are resident in Germany. No prizes will be distributed to minors who nevertheless participate.
- Conditions of participation
- The competition is organised by Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, Klingenbergstraße 1-3, 32758 Detmold, Germany.
- The competition is being held from 05.04.2021 until 07.04.2021, 23:59h.
- Participation is voluntary and free of charge. The participants (in the following, personal designations apply equally to male and female persons) only have to bear the costs associated with participation via the Internet (user fee for Internet connection). Participation and the chances of winning are independent of the purchase of goods or the use of services.
- The competition is not affiliated with Instagram or Facebook and is not sponsored, supported or organized by Instagram or Facebook in any way. All questions, comments and complaints should not be directed to Instagram, but directly to Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, Klingenbergstraße 1-3, 32758 Detmold. By confirming the conditions of participation, participants acknowledge that they cannot make any claims against Instagram/Facebook if they participate in the promotion.
- Participation / Expiration
- Participation can only take place via the Internet and requires registration in the online community mentioned in section 1.4.
- Participation is achieved by commenting the user’s shoe size.
- Natural persons who have reached the age of 18, who have their residence in Germany and have their own Instagram or Facebook account are eligible to participate. Employees of Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG and their relatives are excluded from participation.
- Participation is only permitted once per person. Multiple uploaded contributions will be deleted except for the last version.
- Participation via competition services, automated mass participation procedures of third parties, via agencies or via other commercial providers is not permitted.
- If these conditions of participation are violated, Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG reserves the right to exclude the participant from the competition. In such cases, prizes may be subsequently withdrawn and reclaimed.
- Determination of winners
- Ten (10) winner among all participants will be determined after the closing date in a non-public draw on Saturday, 10.04.2021.
- The winner will be informed of his/her prize by personal message to his/her Instagram/Facebook profile via which he/she participated in the competition.
- The winner must confirm the prize by Direct Message stating first name, last name, date of birth and postal address within 72 hours, otherwise the claim to the prize expires and a new winner is determined based on the ranking list.
- The winner will receive the Jana RELAX INSOLE in their shoe size.
- Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG reserves the right to make further prize distributions for the purpose of participant incentives.
- Cash payment of winnings or any substitute for winnings is not possible. The right to win is not transferable.
- Data privacy / Consent to the use of personal data
In order to participate in the competition, you must post a contribution with the content described in section 2.2 on your personal Instagram/Facebook profile. Your entry will be used by us to determine the winners. We will use your Instagram profile name to match your entry and - in the event that you win - to contact you via personal message (notification of win/win processing). If you win, you must provide your first name, last name, age and mailing address. We will use your postal address to correspond with you. Your name will be used to ensure that you receive personal and professional attention. Finally, you must inform us of your age, as you must be at least 18 years old to participate.
By participating in the competition you also agree that Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG may process and use your personal data to carry out the competition. We therefore request your declaration of consent in the following section 7.3 of these conditions of participation, without which participation in the competition is unfortunately not possible.
By posting your entry you agree with Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG that, in order to take part in the competition, your entry and the Instagram profile name you used to enter the competition as well as - in the case of a win - your first and last name, your age and your postal address will be stored and processed.
Your consent also includes your agreement to be contacted by personal Instagram/Facebook message to your Instagram/Facebook profile through which you entered the contest in the event that you win.
You also agree that the Instagram company site of Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG may link to your Instagram/Facebook profile via which you entered the competition. This will make it clear to all visitors to the Instagram company site of Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG and your Instagram/Facebook profile that you have taken part in this competition. Furthermore, your Instagram/Facebook profile name and - depending on the privacy settings in your profile - further information will be visible to third parties.
You further agree that the entry you provide - stating your Instagram/Facebook profile name and - depending on the privacy settings in your Instagram profile through which you participate in the competition - further information about yourself may be published on the Instagram/ Facebook corporate site of Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, also for advertising and PR purposes.
You can revoke your declaration of consent at any time with future effect by contacting Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, Klingenbergstraße 1-3, 32758 Detmold or by e-mail to socialmedia(at)jana-shoes.com. There are no special fees (beyond the regular transmission fees). (Further) participation in the competition is not (no longer) possible if your consent is not granted or revoked.
In the event of a non-cash prize, your data will be passed on to the shipping company commissioned with the delivery, insofar as this is necessary to deliver/deliver this prize to you. A transfer of your personal data to other third parties or a use of your data for other advertising purposes without your consent does not take place, unless we are legally obligated to release data or we engage third parties who are bound to professional secrecy to enforce our demands.
Further details regarding the processing and use of your personal data when participating in our Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG competitions can be found in our data protection declaration.
- Limitation of Liability
- All information provided by Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, especially in connection with the publication of winners' names, etc. is provided without liability.
- If claims are asserted by a winner in connection with the winnings received, these are, as far as legally permissible, to be directed directly against the manufacturer/dealer, supplier, tour operator or other service provider. Should claims in this regard arise at Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, these will be assigned to the respective winners.
- Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG is not liable for the availability of the participation page on Instagram.
- In particular, Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG shall not be liable for damage which may arise as a result of errors, delays or interruptions in transmission, in the event of malfunctions or deletion of data, viruses or in any other way during participation in the promotion, unless such damage is caused by Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG intentionally or through gross negligence. Liability for culpable injury to life, body or health remains unaffected.
- Further remarks
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply.
- Should any of these provisions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining conditions of participation.
- Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG may change, suspend or terminate the competition at any time if this is necessary due to circumstances beyond the control of Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG or if this is the only way to ensure that the competition is carried out properly.
- Legal recourse is excluded.
We, Jana shoes GmbH & Co. KG, as the operator of the online offer, are responsible for processing the personal data of the users of the online offer. You will find our contact data in the imprint of the online offer, the contact persons for questions regarding the processing of personal data are named directly in this privacy statement.
We take the protection of your privacy and your private data very seriously. We collect, store and use your personal data only in accordance with the contents of this privacy statement and the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the national data protection regulations.
Personal data is information about an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes all information about your identity, such as your name, e-mail address or postal address. Information that cannot be associated with your identity (e.g. statistical information, such as the number of users of the online offer) is not considered personal information.
Your personal data is not processed according to an automated decision-making process in connection with the use of our online offer.
Processing of personal information
Your data will be stored by us on specially protected servers within the European Union. These servers are protected against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution of your data by unauthorised persons by means of technical and organisational measures. It is only possible for a few authorised persons to access your data. They are responsible for the technical, commercial or editorial support of the servers. Despite regular checks, however, it is not possible to completely protect against all risks.
As a rule, the information contained on our web pages and the details you enter on our web pages are transmitted via the Internet in an unencrypted form. It is therefore not possible to exclude the possibility that this information may be viewed or accessed by third parties. We therefore advise you to consider this aspect when deciding whether to send us data and which data you send to us via the Internet.
Transfer of personal data to third parties
We generally only use your personal information to provide the services you have requested. Insofar as external service providers are used by us within the scope of the provision of services, they can also only access the data for the purpose of the provision of services. Through technical and organisational measures, we ensure compliance with data protection regulations and also oblige our external service providers to do so.
Furthermore, we will not pass the data on to third parties without your express consent, in particular not for advertising purposes. Your personal data will only be passed on if you yourself have consented to the data being passed on or if we are entitled or obliged to do so on the basis of legal regulations and/or official or court orders. In particular, this may involve providing information for law enforcement, security purposes or the enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Legal bases of data processing
Insofar as we obtain consent for the processing of your personal data, Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR serves as the legal basis for data processing.
Insofar as your personal data are processed because this is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract or within the framework of a contract-like relationship with you, Art. 6 Para. 1 (b) GDPR serves as the legal basis for data processing.
Insofar as we process your personal data to fulfil a legal obligation, Art. 6 Para. 1 (c) GDPR serves as the legal basis for data processing.
Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR may also be used as a legal basis for data processing if the processing of your personal data is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms do not require the protection of personal data.
Data deletion and storage time
We always delete or block your personal data if the purpose of storage ceases to apply. However, data may also be stored if this is provided for by legal requirements to which we are subject, for example with regard to statutory storage and documentation obligations. In such a case we delete or block your personal data after the end of the corresponding specifications.
Use of our online offer
Information about your computer
Each time you access our online offer, we collect the following information about your computer, regardless of your registration: your computer’s IP address, the request from your browser and the time of this request. In addition, the status and the amount of data transferred are recorded within the scope of this request. We also collect product and version information about the browser and the computer operating system used. We also record the website from which the online offer was accessed. Your computer’s IP address is only stored for the time of use of the online offer and is subsequently deleted or made anonymous by shortening it. The remaining data is stored for a period of 3 months.
We use this data for the operation of the online offer, in particular to detect and eliminate errors, to determine the utilisation of the online offer and to make adjustments or improvements. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR, which is the legal basis for such processing.
Cookies are used for our online offer – as on many websites. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and that store certain settings and data for exchange with the online offer from us via your browser. A cookie usually contains the name of the domain from which the cookie file was sent, information about the age of the cookie and an alphanumeric identifier.
Cookies enable us to recognise your computer and to make any settings available immediately. Cookies help us to improve our online offer and to offer you a better and even more customised service. This also includes our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 (f) GDPR.
The cookies we use are session cookies, which are automatically deleted after the end of the browser session. Occasionally, cookies with a longer storage period can also be used so that your preliminary settings and preferences can still be taken into account the next time you visit our website.
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. However, you can disable the storage of cookies or set your browser so that it informs you as soon as cookies are sent. It is also possible to manually delete cookies that have already been saved using the browser settings. Please note that you may only be able to use our online offer to a limited extent or not at all if you refuse the storage of cookies or delete necessary cookies.
We use the open source software Matomo (formerly Piwik) for statistical usage analysis. Matomo is a web analytics service. The data collected by Matomo is stored in a database for the purpose of usage analysis in order to optimise our website. This constitutes our legitimate interest in data processing according to Art. 6 paragraph 1 point (f) GDPR. The data collected is the truncated IP address, the time, the web page accessed, the Internet address from which you were directed to us ("referrer"), your browser version, the period you remain on our website and the frequency of access.
The data collected with Matomo is completely anonymised and cannot be used to identify individual persons. The data stored by Matomo is not associated with other data sources and is not transferred to third parties.
This site uses an API to enable access to the Google Maps service. The provider is Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
To use Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is generally transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transfer.
The use of Google Maps takes place in the interests of ensuring an attractive presentation of our online offerings and to facilitate identification of the locations specified by us on this website. This constitutes our legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 paragraph 1 point (f) GDPR.
Communication with us
You can contact us in various ways, including through the contact form on our website. You are also welcome to receive our newsletter by e-mail on a regular basis.
If you wish to use the contact form in our online offer, we collect the personal data you provide in the contact form, in particular your name and e-mail address. We also store the IP address and the date and time of the request. We process the data transmitted via the contact form exclusively for the purpose of being able to answer your inquiry or your request.
You can decide for yourself what information you want to send us via the contact form. The legal basis for the processing of your data is your consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 (a) GDPR.
After we have dealt with the matter, the data will initially be stored in the event of any queries. Deletion of the data can be requested at any time, otherwise the data is deleted after complete settlement of the matter; legal storage obligations remain unaffected in each case.
Our website contains links to the social networks Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Instagram. The links are indicated by the logo of the respective provider.
No personal information is transmitted to the respective providers before the corresponding links are accessed. Your access to the linked page is also the basis for data processing by the respective providers.
Your rights and contact
We attach great importance to explaining the processing of your personal data as transparently as possible and also to informing you about the rights to which you are entitled. If you require further information or wish to exercise the rights to which you are entitled, you can contact us at any time so that we can take care of your request.
Rights of persons concerned
You have extensive rights regarding the processing of your personal data. First of all, you have a comprehensive right to information and can request the correction and/or deletion or blocking of your personal data if necessary. You may also request a limitation of the processing and have a right of objection. You also have a right to data transferability with regard to the personal data you have provided to us.
If you wish to assert any of your rights and/or receive further information, please contact our customer service. Alternatively, you can also contact our data protection officer.
Revocation of consent and objection
Once you have given your consent, it can be freely revoked at any time with effect for the future. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation. The contact person for this is also our customer service and our data protection officer.
If the processing of your personal data is not based on consent, but on another legal basis, you can object to this data processing. Your objection will lead to a review and, if necessary, termination of data processing. You will be informed of the results of the review and – if data processing is nevertheless to be continued – we will provide you with more detailed information as to why data processing is permissible.
Data protection officer and contact
We have appointed an external data protection officer who supports us in data protection issues and whom you can also contact directly. Our data protection officer and his team will be happy to answer your questions regarding our handling of personal data or further information on data protection issues:
RA Dr. Sebastian Meyer, LL.M.
c/o BRANDI Rechtsanwälte
Adenauerplatz 1, 33602 Bielefeld
Telefon: 0521 / 96535-812
If you would like to contact our data protection officer personally by e-mail, you can also reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information and changes
Links to other websites
Our online offer may contain links to other websites. These links are usually marked as such. We do not have any influence on the extent to which the applicable data protection regulations are observed on the linked websites. We therefore recommend that you also find out about the respective privacy policies on other websites.